85-87 Regent Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regent Theatre opened on 26th December 1914. It was designed for both cinema and theatre use and has an elegant facade. The auditorium is decorated in a Louis XVI style and has seating in stalls and circle levels. The stage is 30 feet deep and there were four good sized dressing rooms. These facilities have been well used over the years when many live shows were staged. Another facility was the provision of a restaurant, which was located on the first floor
In August 1929 the Regent Cinema was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) and they operated it for the remainder of its cinematic life. In later years it was equipped to screen 70mm films. The Regent Cinema was closed in September 1982 with Harrison Ford in "Blade Runner". It stood unused for a while and was then converted into a bingo club, which operated as a Mecca Bingo Club until closing on 4th December 2011. It re-opened in summer of 2014 as a show bar and nightclub.
The Regent Cinema is a Grade II Listed building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater