Cannon St. Helens
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built on the site of the former Picturedrome/Savoy Picture House (1910-1934). The Savoy Picture House opened on 23rd March 1935 and was designed by George E. Tonge, a noted cinema architect from Southport. It occupied a prominent corner site on Bridge Street and seated 1,515 in stalls and balcony. The Savoy Picture House also had a cafe for the convenience of patrons.
It was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) in February 1936 and was re-named Savoy Cinema, which it retained until 1961, when it became the ABC Savoy (to distinguish it from the ABC Capitol in the town).
It was tripled with 494 seats in the former circle, and 284 and 179 in the former rear stalls, and re-opened on 14th December 1978. As the ABC Capitol had just closed, it became the ABC. It eventually became part of the Cannon Group and it was re-named Cannon. It closed on 15th September 1993, and has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater