Fergus Falls Center for the Arts

124 W. Lincoln Avenue,
Fergus Falls, MN 56537

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

| Street View

Opened in 1921 as the Orpheum Theater, this 445-seat theater was, for its first couple of decades of existence, a vaudeville house, but in the early-1950’s, was converted into a movie theater.

It was renamed the Fergus Theater, and remained in business for another twenty years.

By the early-1970’s, it closed and remained so until 1982, when it was remodeled for use as a performing arts center. It was in operation only during the warm weather months for its first decade, but in 1993, a $1 million renovation upgraded the Fergus Theater’s facilities for use year-round.

Known today as A Center for the Arts, the theater hosts not only concerts, dance and drama performances, but screens films as well and holds summer art classes for children.

Contributed by Bryan Krefft

Recent comments (view all 7 comments)

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on February 7, 2005 at 11:35 am

This theater also shows movies. They range from older movies like Superman with Christopher Reeves to current films like Ray with Jamie Foxx to foreign films such as an Iranian movie called Deserted Station. They have a website here:
http://www.fergusarts.org/index.html

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on July 29, 2005 at 6:15 pm

Updated link for this theater is Here.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on January 27, 2007 at 3:59 pm

Here is a photo being advertised on eBay:
http://tinyurl.com/36encm

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on September 29, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Here is an updated link for the Ebay photo.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on November 5, 2007 at 9:02 am

This is a recent photo of the Fergus Theater.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on March 27, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Here is a photo from a myspace page:
http://tinyurl.com/c2wzjr

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on December 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

It is likely that the Orpheum was the theater project noted in the “Bids Desired” section of Engineering News-Record on March 25, 1920:

“Minn., Fergus Falls — Theatre — Until April 15, by J. B. Clinton, mgr. Clinton Investment Co., Torrey Bldg., constructing 2 story. 50 x 142 ft, brick, rein.-con. flooring and foundation, on Lincoln Ave. About $60,000. W. P. Allred, Fergusson Bldg., Duluth, archt. and engr. Noted Jan. 15.”
W. P. Allred also designed the Doric Theatre in Duluth.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater