Laurel Cinema Cafe
312 Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Laurel Theatre opened October 16, 1929 with “Noah’s Ark”. It replaced the Red Wing Theatre which had been destroyed by fire in December 1928. It was built for Sydney B. Lust and designed in a Spanish style by architect Harry A. Brandt. Seating was provided in orchestra and balcony levels, and it was equipped with a Wurlitzer theatre organ. In 1933 it was taken over by the Wineland Theatres chain. In 1948, it underwent a remodeling by architects John Eberson & Drew Eberson in an Art Deco style. It was closed in 1976 under Neighborhood Theatres operating out of Richmond, VA.
In April 1976 it was purchased by the owners of the adjacent Pal Jack’s Pizza restaurant and it re-opened with “Jaws”. This was a short lived venture and on January 16, 1977 it was opened as Petrucci’s Restaurant. By May 1978 it was offering live entertainment with a meal and became Petrucci’s Dinner Theatre. This closed in July 1992.
It then operated as a comedy club under several different names and finally closed in 2010. The building has been bought by the city, with plans to demolish.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater