Capri Theater

168 East Main Street,
Spartanburg, SC 29306

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

Rette
Rette on November 10, 2010 at 8:29 am

The Rex Theatre opened in 1917 and closed in 1929 for conversion to sound pictures. It did not reopen until 1934 when it’s name became the State Theatre. In 1970, the State Theatre was renamed the Capri. It was partially destroyed by fire in 1971 and although it could have been restored, it was left a ruin.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on November 8, 2010 at 4:42 pm

On its last legs,but showing a good movie, “101 DALMATIANS” this on Jan 7 1970.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on November 14, 2008 at 9:02 am

More information and a photo can be found here.