Circular Road and Blair Mayne Road S,
1 person favorited this theater
Located adjacent to the Ards Shopping Centre, at the junction of Circular Road and Blair Mayne Road South. Movieland opened on 19th March 1999 with just under 1,000 seats. It was owned and operated by local businessman Ernie Watson.
An unusual feature of the cinema is the location of a fully working theatre organ that was positioned on a ledge over the concession stand in the foyer. It was a Compton 3Manual/8Rank instument, that was originally installed in 1936, in the Ambassador Cinema (later Odeon), Hounslow, Middlesex in the west of Greater London, England.
Sadly, Ernie Watson passed away on 3rd May 2017. In early-2018, the cinema was sold to Irish Multiplex Cinemas be his sister, and re-named IMC Newtownards. The Compton organ was played for the final time in February 2018, by regular organist Ivan Coey, before being dismantled and put into storage, pending its sale.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater