Odeon Nord Cinema
ChaussÃ©e d'Anvers 47,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened in 1923 in the Chaussee d'Anvers, a popular quarter then, with also some dance halls it was a very animated street. There was a cinema called Cade Cinema(1908-1922)at number 219 of that street but it closed early. The Pantheon Cinema became the Rex Cinema in 1935 and was part of the Soudan circuit.
After World War II it changed its name to Odeon or Odeon Nord, due to the close proximity to the railway station Gare du Nord,. It had closed in the early-1960’s, no later than February 1963. One of the last films shown there was “The Guns of Navaronne”.
It was then long time for sale, until a group of Greek immigrants re-opened it in 1967 and operated it until 1969. Since then, due to the massive change of the Nord quarter, all the beginning of that street has been demolished and rebuilt with office towers of public enterprises. There is nothing left of the former Nord quarter.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater