7 Coulgate Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Brockley Picture Theatre, Palladium Cinema, Giralda Cinema, New Palladium Cinema
The Brockley Picture Theatre opened on 27th September 1913. It was located in the southeast London district of Brockley, on the corner of Foxberry Road and Coulgate Street at Brockley Cross. It had a 40 feet wide proscenium and a 16 feet deep stage. It was re-named Palladium Cinema from 24th May 1915.
In 1929 it was under new independent ownership and had a change of name to Giralda Cinema. This only lasted until 1936 when it was closed on 2nd November 1936 for renovation. It re-opened as the New Palladium Cinema. By the 25th May 1942, it had been re-named Ritz Cinema.
The Ritz Cinema was closed on 14th March 1956 with Charles Drake in "Tobor the Great" and John Derek in "The Fortune Hunter"(The Outcast). It was demolished in April 1960 and the site was re-developed. In 2009 an MOT car testing centre and garage was located on the site, which in 2015 it too had been demolished to build apartments.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.