Avenue de La Toison d'or,
No one has favorited this theater yet
This was one of the leading movie theatres of the Porte de Namur, and the oldest one. It opened around 1910, just before the Trocadero Cinema(later Acropole Cinema) a little bit later, and the Capitole Cinema in the 1920’s on the same Avenue de La Toison d'or. First named Select Pathe Cinema, then Select Cinema. In the 1930’s became a newreel cinema, like the two Cineac Cinema’s and Cinemonde Cinema in the center. It was re-named Actual Cinema.
After World War II, it became Avenue Cinema. It was the first cinema in Brussels to become a duplex in 1953, under the direction of Henry Fol, the second screen with only 160 seats was called Studio in the first years of use. In the 1970’s it became a triplex. In the early-1990’s it closed due to the concurence of the nearby multiplex Acropole Cinema and the succes of Kinepolis. The association La Retine de Plateau re-opened it as a cyber cafe, with always the same entrance, but the project was not successful, and it is now a food manufacturer.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater