467 Garratt Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the corner of Garratt Lane and Algarve Road in Earlsfield, near Wimbledon, south-west London. The Premier Electric Theatre was opened on 18th June 1910. Seating was provided on a single floor. There was a 5 feet deep stage and four dressing rooms, which by 1937 were being used for variety performances on Tuesdays and Fridays. It was operated at that time by Supershows (Earlsfield) Ltd. the seating capacity had been reduced to 585.
The cinema was given a more ‘up-to-date’ name in 1951, when it was re-named Rex Cinema, and the building was given a new modern frontage. It had the same owners, but was controlled by the local Bloom Theatre Circuit.
The Rex Cinema was closed in April 1960, and was converted into the independent Rex Bingo Club, later known as the MDJ Bingo & Social Club. It was demolished in June/July 1988 and a block of flats has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater