Central Cinema

Hannah Street,
Porth, CF39 9RA

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

Capelmawr
Capelmawr on July 24, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Castle and Central cinemas owned the cinema from at least 1924 and ran it on 2 changes of programme per week at prices of 5d to 1/3d. They installed Western Electric sound system to see it into the sound era. It was noted as having 890 seats in 1951 when prices were 0d to 1/9d.

geoffjc
geoffjc on April 29, 2010 at 10:19 am

Press advertisement announced the start of Bingo on 9th September 1968.

geoffjc
geoffjc on October 11, 2009 at 11:23 am

Further information may be found in the book about the Solomon Andrews companies. A large amount of archive material also exists which will be more accessible in 2010 when the Record Office moves to larger premises.