9 Friarscroft Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Wymondham, southwest of Norwich, Norfolk. The Regal Cinema was opened on 18th March 1937, with Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire in “Swing Time”. It was part of a local circuit operated by Douglas Bostock.
The Regal Cinema was closed on 17th June 1962 with Mario Lanza in “For the First Time”. It remained closed until April 1965, when was reopened by a new owner with The Beatles in “A Hard Days Night”. A cafe and disco was opened next to the cinema in 1969. The cinema operated as a bingo club on Mondays and Fridays for around ten years. It was closed as a cinema in the mid-1970’s, but re-opened again in January 1977 with “Airport ‘75”. The Regal Cinema was closed on 28th June 1993, with Kevin Costner in “The Bodyguard”.
Now the home of an Ex Service Mens' Club. The building still possesses its original Gaumont Kallee 12 projection equipment and shows classic films from time to time.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater