High Road Leyton and Downsell Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the east London district of Leyton. The Cinema was opened in 1910 with 640 seats. It had a small entrance on Leyton High Road, between Leslie Road and Downsell Road. The auditorium lay parallel to the High Road, behind other buildings. By 1918, it was being operated by the Lion Cinematograph Co. Ltd.
By 1937, they had re-named it the Astoria Cinema, the seating capacity was 500. It was closed in 1946, but re-opened under new operators. Re-named the Regal Cinema on 11th February 1954, it was closed eleven months later on 8th January 1956. The final programme was Jennifer Jones in "Duel in the Sun" and Rchard Arlen in "Mutiny on the Black Hawk".
The building became a shop, followed by a carpenters workshop. Later Warren Fabrics operated out of the building. By 1995, it was empty and derelict, and was demolished around 2000. The Madrasah Al-Tawhid Mosque was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater