Hei Loi Garden
140 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Hei Loi Garden was a company showing short films in the early-1900’s in Hong Kong.
Hei Loi is the Mandarin pronunciation of its Chinese name, literally meaning " happy to come and enjoy."
According to an article "Hong Kong’s Cinematic Beginnings 1896-1908", written by Law Wai-ming and translated into English by Stephen Teo, the cinema showed short films from 5th November, 1900 through 27th December, 1900 at a venue at 68 Hollywood Road on the Hong Kong Island. The company resumed showing on 15th January, 1901.
The company relocated to a venue at Ice House Street near the Cricket Club on the Hong Kong Island. Short films were shown at the new venue from 27th January 1901 through 8th February, 1901.
On 24th October, 1902, the company relocated to a venue at 140 Hollywood Road, on the left side of the Man Mo Temple. Amercian short films were shown at the venue.
The closing date of Hei Loi Garden is unavailable.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater