14 Cameron Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Located in the eastern part of today’s Greater London. The Seven Kings Cinema opened in 1914. It was re-named Astoria Cinema in around 1933. The proscenium was 33 feet wide, there were full stage facilities on its 22 feet deep stage and three dressing rooms. Films and variety shows were presented.
It was re-furbished in 1955, and re-named New Astoria Cinema. Then briefly it became the Pullman Cinema, before being taken over by the operators of the State Cinema Leytonstone, and re-named State Cinema in June 1959.
This was short lived and the State Cinema was closed on 28th May 1960 with Gary Merrill in "The Savage Eye" and Peter Sellers in "Orders Are Orders". It was converted into a Mecca Bingo Club for a while, then became a banqueting suite and function rooms, catering for the Irish community and known as the Shannon Centre. In 2008, it is known as The Nite Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater