No one has favorited this theater yet
The Danilo Cinema was opened on 4th February 1937 with Jean Marsh in “Children of Divorce”. It was the second cinema to be built as a part of the Danilo Cinemas chain.
The Danilo Cinema had seating provided in stalls and circle levels. It had a 40 feet wide proscenium and a small stage.
Later operated by Southan Morris from 1945, it was taken over by the Essoldo chain on 26th August 1954, and re-named Essoldo. The Essoldo chain ere taken over by the Classic Cinemas chain on 2nd April 1972, and it became the Classic. Classic Cinemas tripled the auditorium in 1973, and the seating was now for 450 in the former circle, and two 250 seat auditoriums in the former rear stalls area.
Subsequent operators were the Cannon Group from 1984, and latterly ABC. The ABC was closed on 18th March 1999.
In 2002, it was converted into a Chicago Rock Cafe, and on 28th May 2010, it re-opened as a pub in the popular JD Wetherspoon chain, known as ‘The Royal Enfield’
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater