Glen Art Theatre
540 Crescent Boulevard,
10 people favorited this theater
The Glen Theatre, formerly a single screen theatre, opened in February 1927. It was designed in the Tudor Revival style, along with the storefronts on either side of the three-story building. The architect was William B. Betts of Park Ridge, IL, who also designed a number of other movie theaters in the Chicago suburbs. Originally, the Glen Theatre not only featured motion pictures, but live stage acts, as well, and contained a Barton organ.
Today, the exterior remains fairly similar to its original appearance, except for a later marquee, and its vertical sign long since removed. The interior, however, has been heavily altered.
Now renamed Glen Art Theatre, this downtown Glen Ellyn landmark remains a favorite destination today, and now screens an eclectic mix of first-run Hollywood fare, art, foreign, and classic features. The largest of the Glen Art’s four auditoriums, seating about 220, has Dolby sound.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater