8059 US Route 68,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: General Cinema Theatres
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Opened June 11, 1949, the Hi-Road Drive-In originally had a screen that measured 40' by 80', but this was blown down by heavy winds in January 1952, and replaced by a screen about half the original’s size. The Hi-Road Drive-In originally had a capacity for 400 cars.
The Millers acquired the Hi-Road Drive-In in 1999, and found it needed a lot of work, having fallen into disrepair over the decades.
The Millers remodeled the concession booth, cleaned and cleared the lot, and restored the Artcraft marquee to its original 1940’s appearance.
The Millers are currently seeking to replace the present screen with one close to the original screen’s size as well as improve lighting around the parking area and driveway.
The Hi-Road Drive-In can accommodate over 600 cars in its lot, and now has two screens.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.