Alhambra Studio Theatre
No one has favorited this theater yet
Alhambra Studio Theatre began life as the Bradford (sometimes the Morley Street) Picture House, later it was known as the Majestic Cinema.
It opened as a Provincial and Cinematograph Theatre in 1913 but was acquired by an independent in 1922. New Century Pictures took control in 1927 and then it passed to Gaumont who were well represented in Bradford with the New Victoria, St. George’s Hall, and the Empire. It was an early closure in 1956 and was transformed into the Majestic Ballroom. Bingo followed in 1965 which lasted until 1970. Then the building made a surprise return to films when under the Majestic Cinema name it became an Asian film centre.
Eventually it was acquired by the Alhambra Theatre who expanded into the screen end of the building to provide extra stage and workshop space whilst converting the rear of the auditorium into an adaptable Studio Theatre. The Morley Street entrance is now disused and the minor entrance on Great Horton Street has become the principal entry to the small theatre. There is very little trace of the original left inside.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater