No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the now vanished Victoria Square in the city centre, just across from the still existing Alhambra Theatre. The Prince’s Theatre was opened in 1876 and was designed by the architectural firm Jackson & Longley. It was built above the Star Music Hall (later People’s Palace/Palace Theatre, which had opened in 1875.
In 1900, the Prince’s Theatre was re-designed by the original architectural firm, and the theatre began screening films as part of the programme. it was still screening films in July 1909, but soon went back to live theatre use only, as new purpose built cinemas arrived.
The Prince’s Theatre was closed on 27th May 1961 (the Palace Theatre had closed in 1938, and was never reopened). The buildings remained empty for several years, then both theatres were demolished in 1964. A garden was created on the site, which today is in front of the National Media Museum.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater