1038 Henderson Drive,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Carmike Cinema 7 opened on November 17, 1989 in the New Market Square shopping center at the intersection of Henderson Drive and Gum Branch Road, next to the shopping center which is anchored by Harris-Teeter. It was the largest of Carmike’s several theaters in Jacksonville at the time, second to the Carmike Cinema 6 that opened some six years earlier and the second biggest cinema in Jacksonville with more than four screens. The cinema had a seating capacity of 1,330 with the largest auditorium seating 300, which was equipped with the state of the art Dolby Stereo Sound system. The Carmike 7 operated until June 20 2003, when the bigger, flashier state of the art Carmike 16 open on Western Boulevard (behind Jacksonville Mall) on June 27, 2003. The Carmike 7, the Cinema 6 and the Brynn Marr 3 were all closed simultaneously with the Carmike 16’s opening; the Carmike 16 became the only civilian theater in Jacksonville.
The Carmike Cinema 7 remained abandoned while Carmike built another megaplex that opened in December 2012 (the Carmike Patriot 12) leaving Jacksonville with only two civilian theatres in town.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater