Ideal Picture House
106 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the King’s Heath district, south of Birmingham city centre. The Ideal Picture House was opened on 5th February 1913. The High Street entrance was almost adjacent to the Hare & Hounds pub, and led along a long passage to the actual auditorium which was at the rear on York Road. Seating inside the auditorium was on a single floor.
The Ideal Cinema was one of the last cinemas to remain a silent cinema, but was equipped to screen sound films in the early-1930’s. For one reason or another it didn’t survive, and was closed in April 1932.
It was converted into a dance hall, which operated for many years. By the 1960’s, it had re-opened as an independent bingo club named Ritz Social Club. In later years the auditorium was used as a pawn shop, which was destroyed by a fire in late-March 2013. The front entrance part of the building on High Street still operates as an amusement arcade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater