Foothill Cinema Stadium 10
854 E. Alosta Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Now operated by Regency Theatres, the Foothill Cinema Stadium 10 opened as Edwards Foothill Center on November 27, 1985. According to the Los Angeles Times, it was Edwards’ 30th theater in Southern California and contained 3,000 seats in six auditoriums. This made it the largest theater, in terms of seating capacity, under one roof, in the state. The Azusa location was among three Edwards Cinemas that opened around Thanksgiving time of 1985. The others were the Charter Centre in Huntington Beach and the Village Center in Stanton. To celebrate the Christmas season of 1986 the Azusa complex became the Foothill 10 on December 10, 1986.
In 2001, around the time of Edwards’ bankruptcy, it was listed in the Los Angeles Time’s Independent Theatre Guide under Flagship Theatres. By 2002, it was listed under Regency Theatres and the city of Azusa recognized that the 1950’s Foothill Center as verging on “blighted.” After five years of debate the center was given the green light by the city. Perkowitz+Ruth Architects were then designated to design a new, renovated and renamed center called Citrus Crossing.
In July of 2008 the Regency Cinema was ready to go for the summer movie-going season. Greeting customers was a completely remodeled theater with a new facade, lobby, stadium seating and technical upgrades.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater