18 Westley Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Acocks Green district, four miles southeast of Birmingham city centre. The Warwick Super Cinema was opened on 6th September 1929 with Colleen Moore in “Happiness Ahead” and Farrell MacDonald in “Riley the Cop”. It was operated by the Victoria Playhouse Group.
The auditorium was designed in an Atmospheric style, representing a setting in the grounds of Warwick Castle. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels.
The Warwick Cinema was closed in 1962, and the stalls area was converted into a 10-pin bowling alley, with the circle operating as a 462 seat cinema, which opened as the Warwick Cinema on 24th March 1964 with Stanley Baker in “Father Came Too”. Unfortunately, all vestige of the Atmospheric style decorations had been removed. The cinema was closed in November 1991 with Kenneth Brannagh in “Dead Again”. It has been converted into a laser tag centre. The bowling alley continues to operate downstairs.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater