Tivoli Picture House
342 Foleshill Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located at the corner of Foleshill Road and Webster Street. The Foleshill Picture Palace was opened in October 1913. It was designed by Coventry architect T.R.J. Meakin, and seating was provided for 339 in the stalls and an unknown number in a small circle area.
By 1916, it had been re-named Tivoli Picture House. The Tivoli Picture House was closed in 1930 as a silent cinema, and never re-opened.
By 1931, it had become the Tivoli Skating Rink, and by the late-1930’s was the Foleshill Palace Billiards Hall. The building later became a furniture warehouse for the Co-Operative Society, and was later used as a theatre for the Wheatsheaf Players amateur dramatic society, and was known as the Webster Street Studio until 1980.
It was demolished in September 1980, and a Co-Operative Society supermarket was built on the site, which by 2008 was the Foleshill Warehouse, a discount cash & carry store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater