New Tatler Picture House
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the city centre in what was previously known as Town Hall Square. The Picture House was opened on 23rd December 1912 with “A Heart of Stone”. The 585 seat cinema was a conversion of a warehouse. There was a cafe on the first floor where afternoon tea was served ‘gratis’ to ladies in the auditorium. Also in the building was a billiard hall.
The Picture House was equipped with a 2Manual Hughes organ in 1920, and the cafe became known as the Forum Cafe.
In 1931, the Picture House was re-named Tatler Picture House, and in 1935 was re-named New Tatler Picture House and the seating capacity was increased to 733. The cinema suffered from a fire on 13th December 1945, the last films to play were Errol Flynn in “Captain Blood” and Tom Conway in “A Night of Adventure”. The building was demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater