66 East Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Taunton, Somerset. On this site originally stood The Three Cups hotel, built in 1528. It was enlarged over the years and in 1909 was owned by Mr E. H. Claridge, who re-named it Claridge’s London Hotel. The hotel ballroom, known as the London Hotel Assembly Room, had been used for film shows from the early years of cinema, and in October 1910 was converted into the Empire Cinema. By June 1913, pictures and variety were being presented.
Taken over by Trust Houses Ltd. in 1919, it was renamed County Cinema, the hotel being re-named County Hotel. A British Talking Pictures sound system was installed in 1929, but the County Cinema was closed in 1934 as new purpose built cinemas were opening in the town.
The space reverted back to use by the County Hotel. Now closed the County Hotel has been converted into retail use as the County Mall.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater