2 Queen Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the seaside town of Redcar, Cleveland. Built as the Central Railway Station, this part of the building was offered for sale in 1862, and was converted into the Central Hall in 1873. In 1893 it was operating as a live theatre, presenting a performance of “The Mikado” by the D'Oyle Carte Opera Co.
From mid-1909 it was presenting Fenton’s Picture Company. In 1910 it was taken over by Sam Paul, presenting Paul’s Perfect Pictures. In the early-1920’s, the Central Hall was taken over by T. ‘Tommy’ Thompson from nearby Middlesborough, and cine-variety was presented.
In 1922, it was briefly re-named Electric Palace. In 1932, the front of the Central Hall was rebuilt and it became the Central Cinema. It suffered damage from a fire in 1946, and was closed for several years.
It had reopened by 1954, and was equipped for CinemaScope in 1955. The Central Cinema was closed in 1965, and has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater