1A Park Road East,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built on the site of the Electric Theatre/Park Cinema. The Gaumont was opened on 30th May 1938 by Gaumont/GTC. Film star Nova Pilbeam attended the opening, and her hand prints were set in cement on the pavement to the right of the entrance. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. It had a 40 feet wide proscenium, the stage was 18 feet deep and there were seven dressing rooms. It was equipped with a British Acoustic(BA) sound system.
It was closed by the Rank Organisation on 4th January 1964. It was converted into a Top Rank Bingo Club which opened on 16th April 1964. The bingo club closed on 1st November 1986. It then became a snooker club, which closed in 1990. The empty building then suffered damage from a fire.
It was re-opened in December 1993 as a roller skating rink (the former Electric Theatre/Park Cinema which first stood on the site had been built as a skating rink). In recent years it has been in use as a Furniture World furniture store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater