1003 N. High Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Sherman’s Jackson Drive-In opened May 27, 1952, featuring the 1950 musical film “Daughter of Rosie O’Grady” with June Haver and Gordon MacRae. It was opened by William Sherman from Bloomfield, MO. It featured a 50 ft. wide screen tower with 550 in-cars speakers. It also had playground in front of the screen for kids. On June 19, 1953, it was sold and the name was changed to Edmundson’s Highway 25 Drive-In. It was reopened as the Parkview Drive-In Theatre on March 11, 1954, with new owners John C. Crites, Harry McDowell and Andy Dietz. Andy Dietz, who was a buying and booking agent for Co-Operative Theatres. He was also in the partnership operating the Home of the Stars Drive-In and the Delta Drive-In located in Sikeston, MO.
The drive-in was advertised as the Parkview Drive-In until 1958, then known as the Jackson Drive-In. It finally closed on September 30, 1973 and was demolished. Eventually a swimming pool and park were built on the old Jackson Drive-In site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater