122 N. Euclid Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Information from the Robert E. Ellingwood Model Colony History Room at the Ontario Public Library dates the original Euclid Photoplay at 137 N. Euclid Avenue to 1911. On June 2, 1915 owner Harry Milling opened a new Photoplay across the street at 122 N. Euclid Avenue. “Milling was the first to step across to what at the time was considered the ‘wrong side of the street’.”
By 1919 the theater was called the Forum Theatre and owned by Jack Anderson, who came from Sweden in 1900. In 1922 Mr. Anderson bought the California Theatre and then in 1927 the Colonial Theatre in Upland.
In 1929 he sold his chain to West Coast Theatres and went on a tour of Europe. In 1933 Fox West Coast closed their theaters in Ontario giving Mr. Anderson the opportunity to reopen the California Theatre and Granada Theatre.
The Film Daily Yearbook of 1940 lists the Forum Theatre with 325 seats but it was closed for a few years and used as a church. In early-1944, after a renovation, Jack Anderson reopened it as the Park Theatre.
The Park Theatre was listed regularly In the Los Angeles Times Independent Theatre Guide but dropped out of the listings in 1950. The demolition date is unknown.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater