29 The Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in St. Ives, Huntingtonshire. Opened on the 9th December 1920 as the Kinema, a small single floored cinema built behind an existing, possible Georgian, house utilizing the ground floor of the earlier building as the foyer. By 1931 it was run by Bury St. Edmunds Cinemas Ltd. and was known as the Broadway Kinema. In the late-1930’s it became part of the Bostock Circuit.
The Bostock Circuit was founded by Arthur Douglas Fairgreave Bostock in around 1924, and operated mainly in East Anglia, later in conjunction with his eldest son Edward William Augustus Bostock. Arthur was born in 1886 and became a music hall manager by 1911 before founding the cinema circuit, which owned 19 cinemas in 1947, managing an additional 3. Under Bostock control the Broadway Kinema was modernized in the early-1930’s stripping out much of the 1920 ornate decor and creating a plainer cinema with a 19 feet wide proscenium. At this point of time it was re-named Regal Kinema.
After Arthur Bostock’s death on 17th July 1963 much of the circuit was sold off, including the Regal Kinema. From then onward until the final closure of the cinema in 1985, it was run by George & Nan Randall.
It was converted into a snooker hall, and then to a nightclub known as Club Ice Bar, by 2013 Saints Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater