1625 N. Las Palmas Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Originally opened in 1972 by United Artists as the Egyptian 2 & 3. The two screens were created in an already existing former retail unit facing Las Palmas Avenue, alongside and east of the original auditorium of the famous Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. Entrance at that time was via the famous Egyptian Theatre courtyard on Hollywood Boulevard. The Egyptian 2 & 3 closed, together with the historic main auditorium in 1992. The original Egyptian Theatre suffered damage in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake, and it wasn’t until December 4, 1998 that it was reopened by the American Cinematheque after a refurbishment.
In the meantime, the Egyptian 2 & 3 had been converted into live theatre use, and was occupied by several theatre companies. In 2008 the Theatre of Arts College for the Contemporary Actor took over the building as a drama school. In 2010, commercial theatre productions were being staged.
In early-2013 it became the Arena Cinema and by May 2018 had been renamed Arena Cinelounge.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater