No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Nairnshire, in the Highlands of Scotland. The Palace Cinema was opened prior to 1934. It had an 18 feet wide proscenium and was initially equipped with a RCA sound system. It was later equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system.
By 1944 it had been re-named Playhouse Cinema. In the 1950’s it was equipped with CinemaScope and the proscenium was widened to 27 feet. By 1963 it was operated by Caledonian Associated Cinemas, and they still operated it in 1966. The building suffered damage from a fire around 1968/1969. Repairs were carried out and it continued until CAC closed it in around 1971. After standing unused for a couple of years, it was taken over by new owners who operated it as a part-time bingo club and cinema.
Closed in the mid-1970’s, it was later taken over by the British Legion and used as a social club. In recent years it has become a social club for Nairn United Football Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater