Mission 4 Drive-In
3100 Roosevelt Avenue,
6 people favorited this theater
The Mission Drive-In opened by Statewide Drive-In Theatres on March 27, 1948 with Maria Montez in “Pirates of Monterey”. It was located on Roosevelt Avenue at Mission Parkway. It had a capacity for 760 cars and a seating area for 120 persons. The Mission Drive-In gained a second screen on April 12, 1957. It was later increased to four screens. It was the last remaining drive-in theater in the San Antonio area.
Santikos Theatres, which most recently operated the Mission 4 Drive-In, announced in March 2007 the theater would not be opening for the 2007 season and its future was uncertain.
Parts of the theatre were taken down in May 2009 in preperation for redevelopment. However the structure and its massive screen will remain, as will its marquee. Open park space will allow for screenings of classic movies and other performances amid the coming offices and commercial development of the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater