No one has favorited this theater yet
The Pavilion Cinema was opened around Christmas 1928 or early-1929. It had a 23 feet wide proscenium. It was closed in 1930.
After laying unused for several years, it was redecorated and re-seated, and was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system, and re-opened on 26th April 1935 with Joan Crawford & Clark Gable in “Forsaking All Others” plus Percy Arliss in “Lessons in Golf” and a Laurel & Hardy short comedy film.
The Pavilion Cinema was equipped with CinemaScope in the mid-1950’s and had a 21 feet wide screen installed. The Pavilion Cinema was closed on 9th January 1967 and was converted into a bingo club. The bingo club was closed in October 1992, and business transferred to the Coliseum Cinema. The Pavilion Cinema was then boarded up and unused. In the mid-1990’s there were proposals to demolish the auditorium and build a twin screen cinema on the site, but these plans were abandoned.
In 1999, the building was purchased by the Abergavenny Family Church and after some restoration was carried out it became the Gateway Christian Centre in 2001.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater