RKO Lincoln Theater
25 N. Warren Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Trenton’s downtown movie palace opened in 1928 and closed in October of 1972. The last film featured here was “Return of Sabata” starring Lee Van Cleef.
The RKO Trent Theater was located next to the Lincoln Theater on North Warren Street. RKO closed both downtown theaters and the neighborhood RKO Brunswick Theater simultaneously in October 1972.
The Moller 3 Manual 16 Rank theater organ was intact during the entire run of the theater. Bolton Holmes was the house organist for 40 years and concerts were also broadcasted on the local radio station. The organ was moved to the Trenton War Memorial prior to demolition.
The Lincoln Theater featured an unusually curved marquee (not original) so that it could mostly be seen on Hanover Street which intersected with Warren Street.
Demolished in July/August 1976, the theater’s plot is now paved over and is part of the Hanover Street extension.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater