322 W. Armitage Avenue,
5 people favorited this theater
Opened November 25, 1916 for the Ascher Brothers circuit as the Lane Court Theatre, this theatre originally sat close to 1,000, and presented both movies and vaudeville acts. It was equipped with a Kimball organ. Located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood at W. Armitage Avenue (which was then known as Center Street) and N. Clark Street, the Lane Court Theatre was later renamed the Town Theatre, and became a burlesque house. By the 1960’s, it was showing adult movies, which it continued to do until it became the Town Underground Theatre screening independent movies from April 14, 1967.
In 1977, the Town Underground Theatre was converted into a concert venue, renamed the Park West, and has served in this capacity ever since. Artists such as Tina Turner, Prince, and Eurythmics have performed the Park West, making the 750-seat theatre one of Chicago’s most popular smaller concert venues. The theatre is also used for special events.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater