223 Christina Street N.,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Crystal Theatre was open by 1917, operated by United Theatres Ltd., which also operated the Princess Theatre on Front Street. The Princess Theatre was closed within a few years after United had opened the Imperial Theatre in 1920, but the Crystal Theatre continued to operate into the early-1930’s, when the Film Daily Yearbook listed it with 468 seats.
The Famous Players circuit acquired a share in United Theatres in the 1920’s, and by 1931 had absorbed the company completely. After having kept the Crystal Theatre closed for most of the 1930’s, Famous Players had the house remodeled, enlarged, and reopened as the Park Theatre by 1942. It was now listed with 619 seats.
The Park Theatre was operated directly by Famous Players through the early-1950’s, and in the later years of the decade by the affiliated chain Twentieth Century Theatres, headed by Nat Taylor, who would later found Cineplex Theatres.
The Park Theatre was closed by 1963, but the building is still standing and now houses the Stones ‘N Bones Museum.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater