2442 Bloor Street W.,
4 people favorited this theater
Opened on January 27, 1949, this was one of the original five Odeon theatres in Toronto. Located in Bloor West Village, it was twinned in 1976 and was recently renovated in 1999. This was the last of the original five Odeons left showing movies in Toronto. The ex-balcony auditorium had about 300 seats and a screen about 35 feet wide. The downstairs auditorium screen was about 50 feet wide. It closed July 20, 2003 due to declining attendance, but was a great neighbourhood theatre.
Originally planned to reopen in late-2010, it re-opened on April 29, 2011 as the Humber Cinema, operated by the nearby Kingsway Theatre. It was closed again on September 21, 2011, but reopened on November 18, 2011. The former balcony is one screen, and the main level (orchestra level) is the second screen. The left and right rear sections of the main level (orchestra level) have been converted into small screening rooms.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater