No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Tring, Hertfordshire. The Regal Cinema was opened on 10th September 1936 with Jack Buchanan & Fay Wray in “Come out of the Pantry”. In 1945 it became part of the Mayfair circuit, a subsidiary of Associated British Cinemas(ABC).
The Regal Cinema was closed by ABC on 15th February 1958 with “Gunfight at the OK Corral” and “At the Stroke of Nine”. It was re-opened by an independent operator on 6th April 1958, and was finally closed as a cinema on 19th March 1960. The building was sold by ABC in September 1961.
It was taken over by a local theatre company and re-named Masque Theatre, which opened on 20th November 1965 with a musical production of “Heidi”. The venture was not a great success and was soon closed.
The building remained empty and unused until it was demolished in late-1978/early-1979 and a block of flats named Regal Court was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater