15 E. Caracas Avenue,
6 people favorited this theater
The 1904-seat recently renovated Hershey Theatre is located in downtown Hershey, PA and was founded by the chocolate magnate Milton S. Hershey. Building began in 1928 and finished in 1933 at a cost of $3 million dollars. The Hershey Theatre opened September 2, 1933.
The lobby is fashioned after St. Mark’s Cathedral in Venice. The pinpoint blue and gold mosaic design work took two artisans four years to complete. Inside the auditorium, the Atmospheric style is designed in a Byzantine/Venetian theme.
The theater’s historic four-manual, 78-rank Aeolian-Skinner concert organ has over 4,000 pipes – the largest are over thirty feet tall. The organ is played for a half hour before screenings of classic movies.
Today the Hershey Theatre is the site of many community arts activities, as well as touring Broadway shows, concerts, and dance. Its classic film series was shown about once a month until it ceased in January 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater