Village Theater Orange
1140 N. Tustin Avenue,
3 people favorited this theater
Village Theater Orange (Official)
Previous Names: Villa Theatre, Captain Blood's Village Theatre
The Village Theatre opened as the Villa Theatre on August 5, 1966 and has always remained an independent.
In 1995 it was taken over by Todd and Cathy Blood and family who have become one of Orange County’s largest independent operators by leasing venues left vacant by larger chains.
In November of 2000 the Bloods reopened the Main Place 6 Theatre in Santa Ana which had been abandoned by AMC Theatres a year before when they opened a 30-screen stadium about two miles away. The Bloods also compete with a Century Theater 25-screen stadium located about two miles away from their Santa Ana and Orange Locations.
In April of 2001, the family also became the operators of the Woodbridge 5 in Irvine, which was a former Edwards Theatres location, leaving them to compete with five other Regal-Edwards locations in Irvine. Their latest venture in early 2003 was the Brea 5, a former Edwards location, just about a mile away from a Regal-Edwards 22-screen stadium.
Their theatres play the same first-run films as the chains but they remain competitive by charging lower prices. The Village Theatre has grown to three auditoriums of different sizes with a total seating of about 300. The largest auditorium has stadium seating plus a balcony while the smallest is like a screening room, seating just 34.
The theatre was closed on 28th August 2006, but has since reopened, now known as Village Theater Orange.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.