Faun Palast Film Theater
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Piechen district, across the River Elbe to the north of the city centre. Built in the 1890’s as a dance hall, it was converted by architect Martin Pietzsch in 1929 to the Faun Palast Film Theater. Seating was provided for 600.
After the end of World War II there were plans to convert the building into a music hall, but because most of the cinemas in the city had been destroyed by the Allied incendiary bombing raids of 13th & 14th February 1945, it was decided to retain the Faun Palast Film Theater as a cinema.
In 1964 it was equipped with a curved wide-screen and re-opened with the Czechoslovak film “Fortress on the Rhine”. The cinema was renovated in 1982. The Faun Palast Film Theater was closed in 1991.
The foyer became a shoe store and video store, which the auditorium became a car dealership. In 2003 the auditorium was demolished and a Lidl discount supermarket has been built. The front of the building and foyer remain, but are currently (2016) unused.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater