5132 Park Heights Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Designed by architect John R. Forsythe, the Pimlico Theatre opened in 1914 and when it opened this was an outlying area, not yet within the city limits. It was near the famous Pimlico Race Course, home of the Preakness Stakes. The Pimlico Theatre was the only theatre for miles when it was built, originally it could seat 600 but was expanded (again to the designs of John R. Forsythe) to seat almost 1,000 in 1922.
It was remodeled in 1935 by architect John F. Eyrling.
The neighborhood started to fall apart in the 1960’s but the Pimlico had already lost a lot of business to the neighboring Uptown.
The building is almost impossible to spot today, with a formstone stone covering the facade. The building has been used as a bargain store and a laundromat. The Pimlico Theatre is about three blocks south of the Pimlico Race Track.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater