Apache Twin Drive-In

1411 W. Apache Street,
Farmington, NM 87401

440 cars

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Help us make this street view more accurate

Please adjust the view until the theater is clearly visible. more info

Apache Twin Drive-In

The Apache Drive-In was opened in spring of 1952 when it was operated by Russell Allen & Kenneth Crawford. It had a capacity for 340 cars. In 1957 a second screen was added increasing the car capacity to 440. Listed in the Film Daily Yearbook’s of 1956, 1964 & 1968

Contributed by A.L. Vazquez-Hernandez

Recent comments (view all 3 comments)

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on May 14, 2019 at 3:41 pm

In 1957, Russel Allen and Kelly Crawford expanded to an East and West screen renaming it as the Apache Twin Drive-In. It went from 340 to 440 spots for cars.

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on December 26, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Boxoffice, Jan. 26, 1952: “FARMINGTON, N. M. – Russell Allen and Kelly Crawford will be the owners and operators of a drive-in which will open at Eastertime. The partners said the theatre will be located adjacent to the city limits. … The ozoner’s name will be chosen in a countywide contest.”

Boxoffice, May 31, 1952: Russell Allen and Kenneth Crawford have opened their new Apache 325-car drive-in at Farmington, N. M."

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on January 18, 2020 at 8:13 pm

The Jan. 6, 1958 issue of Boxoffice ran a two-page spread, with photos, of the owners' work to turn the Apache into a twin. “Different than many twin drive-ins, the screens are not exactly opposite each other. Instead of being on a straight line one of the screens is about a quarter of the way off of the straight layout. This was done so that the ramps would not interfere with the playground which was already located just past the boxoffice.”

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater