No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the village of Thurnscoe to the west of Doncaster, South Yorkshire on Station Road close to Thurnscoe Railway Station. The Cinema House was opened on 11th May 1922 with Evelyn Brent in “Trapped by the Normans” & Mary Odette in “The Breed of the Treshams”. The proscenium was 18ft wide. In early-1930 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system. In 1956 it was taken over by the Star Cinemas circuit based in Leeds. They equipped it with CinemaScope. Bingo was played on Sundays from 10th November 1962. From 23rd February 1963 films were screened on two nights a week, and bingo was played on the other five. In April 1963 it returned to full time cinema use. The last films were screened on 23rd September 1967 with Fred MacMurray in “Follow the Boys” and Walt Disney’s mini-feature “Wind in the Willows” (1949). On 5th October 1967 it re-opened as a bingo club. It was later converted into a snooker club, which was still open in 1995. It has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater