209 Main Street,
4 people favorited this theater
The Miller Theatre was built in 1927 on the site of the Princess Theatre and had a seating capacity of 1,000. It opened November 8, 1927 with a mixed movies/vaudeville policy and was equipped with a Barton style-23 theatre organ which had 6Ranks.
It was re-named Woodstock Dollarodeon Theatre in 1976 and was twinned in 1979. Classic Cinemas then acquired the Woodstock Theatre in 1988. In late-1991 a new marquee was created to resemble a historic marquee.
The theatre has undergone various renovations which have returned it to much of its original charm. In May 2002, two additional screens were added in the building next door, which had previously been the long closed, 1912 built, Beverley Theatre. In August 2012 three buildings on Main Street were demolished, and the following month work began so that in 2013 the Woodstock Theatre will have eight auditoriums including restoration of the historic auditorium complete with its domed ceiling.
One of the highlights of the theatre’s history was the filming of “Groundhog Day”. Each year the theatre helps the City of Woodstock celebrate ‘Groundhog Day’ with free screenings of the movie.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater