Via del Corso, 7,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Cinema Metropolitan has for many decades been one of the premiere movie theatres in Rome. Along with the Cinema Barberini, this theatre was at one time owned by the father of Roberto Rossellini, and the director has spoken of getting much of his cinematic education by being able to attend movies for free at the two theatres.
Originally opened as the single screen Cinema America in 1911, it was re-named Cinema Metropolitan in 1948. The venue was converted into a four-screen theatre in the 1990’s. Seating capacities in the screens are:150, 150, 150 and 100. Its location is near the beginning of the Via del Corso, the main street of Rome, which runs from the Piazza del Popolo (the theatre is right near it) to the monument to Italian unification in Piazza Venezia.
The Cinema Metropolitan was operated by the Circuito Cinema chain and was part of the Europa Cinemas group. It was closed in 2010. In the summer of 2014, plans were announced to convert the building into retail use, that will also include a small cinema.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater