Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club
7719 Wisconsin Avenue,
5 people favorited this theater
Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club (Official)
Previously operated by: Sidney B. Lust Theaters
Architects: John Adolph Emil Eberson
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Boro Theatre, Bethesda Theatre, Bethesda Cinema 'N Drafthouse, Bethesda Theatre Cafe
News About This Theater
Opened on May 19, 1938 as the Boro Theatre, the movie house changed its name just a year later to the Bethesda Theatre. It kept this name and operated continuously until the early-1980’s, when it closed.
In 1983, the historic theatre was purchased, renovated, and reopened as the Bethesda Cinema ‘N Drafthouse. In addition to watching a movie, moviegoers could feast on a steady diet of pizza, sandwiches, and beer. In the early-1990’s, the Bethesda Theatre changed its name again to the Bethesda Theatre Cafe, to bring more families and adults to its seats.
The Bethesda Theatre closed when construction of a new hi-rise began above the cinema, but in 2007 it re-opened for live shows. Closed in 2010, it reopened in February 2013 as the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.